When a new version of the FontoXML platform is released a few steps need to be taken to apply this to your editor instance.
- Install or update the FontoXML development tools and it's requirements, and make sure you have placed a valid Fonto (developer) license on your system.
- Open a command prompt in you editor instance folder.
- Run the
fdt editor upgrade --version 7.9.0command, where 7.9.0 is the version to which you want to upgrade.
Upgrade the Fonto Editor instance...and press enter.
- Refer to the upgrade instructions for the versions between the old version of your application and the version you are upgrading to for details on configuration changes required for the new version.
- Update any localization message bundles you may have using the new
messages-template.jsonfile and the localization tools.
- If all is well, remove the created backup folder.