- An issue that caused an unexpected ordering of the content of merged cells has been resolved.
- The visual contrast between the various states of buttons has been improved. The appearance of disabled buttons no longer changes when hovering the mouse pointer over them.
- When creating or viewing a reference to an inline element, the element is now correctly being highlighted in the preview panel.
- The positions of squiggles are no longer indexed for types that don’t require it. This brings a significant improvement for large documents.
- Multiple comments that overlap exactly are now correctly highlighted when selected in the review panel.
- When making large selections, operations using the toggle-inline-formattingoperation no longer take as much time to update the state of their buttons. This should be especially noticeable when making selections across multiple table cells with a command like bold in the active toolbar tab.
- Cutting content without a selection used to delete the character preceding the cursor. It no longer does.
- To improve performance, a hierarchy of nested documents is now rendered as a flat list. The render-documents-hierarchy directive is obsolete; use render-documents-list instead.
- After pasting content containing DITA conrefs, the referenced content is now displayed correctly.
- Clicking a menu item no longer changes the selection in the document behind the menu in Chrome.
- CALS tables no longer use the namest and nameend attributes on entries that do not span multiple columns. This is to conform to the CALS specification, which states that the column identified by nameend must be to the right of the column identified by namest.
- The numbering of columns in CALS tables now starts at 1 instead of 0, as per specification.
- Loading a non-DITA document for preview in an application using the DITA platform no longer causes an error, provided an appropriate schema experience is available.
- The behavior of the horizontal-insert operation has been improved to better support cases where different branches in the schema both allow the existing elements and require the element to be inserted. Previously, horizontal-insert could fail to insert anything in these cases.
- The find & replace feature now ignores results in nodes configured as removed.
- Image thumbnails shown in the image browser are no longer stretched in some cases in Firefox.
- The attributes editor previously considered any value for an attribute of type integer to be invalid, preventing changes to such attributes from being saved. This has been resolved.
- Using the glossentry-sort operation no longer removes the comments and changes in affected glossentry elements.
- After selecting an element through a button in the element breadcrumb, the button itself is highlighted yellow as well, to indicate that not only the content but also the delimiting tags are contained in the selection.
- The configureAsMathMlContainer family from the dita-architecture-mathml add-on now supports an optional selector argument, identifying the actual mathml:math element descendant. This may also match the configured node itself. This change is made in preparation to opening our MathML support to non-DITA editors.
- Operations using an asset browser now accept searchFormDebounceMs, searchFormExecuteOnChangesearchFormMinimumQueryLength and searchFormPlaceholder step data properties to allow controlling these values from operations.
- The configureAsStructureViewItem SVK family now accepts an outputClassvisualization option. Similar to the CVK families, this results in an sv-output-classattribute in the view, which may be used for targeting custom styles.
- The ui-asset-browser directive now accepts a query-properties attribute, allowing extra data to be passed in the query object used for browse requests.
- Comments are now visible at all times; not just when the review pane is open. Clicking a comment will open the review pane to show its contents.
- Custom widgets and objects can now use sourceNode.getExternalValue to depend on data outside the document. Use the externalDataManager to set these values when appropriate. Views will update automatically when external values change.
- The frame family now accepts the expression visualization option, similar to groups. As with groups, setting this to “compact” removes white space between the frame’s children.
- Selecting a word by double clicking now works consistently across browsers and also handles processing instructions and whitespace correctly.
- Selecting a block of content by triple clicking now works consistently across browsers and also handles processing instructions and whitespace correctly.
- The open-document-browser and open-image-browser operations now accept the minWidthForGridColumn, minWidthForPreviewColumn and maxWidthForPreviewColumn step data properties to control the size of these columns from operations.
- A new insert-before-selection operation has been added. This works similar to insert-after-selection, but, perhaps unsurprisingly, inserts on the other side of the selection.
- Fonto no longer replaces various special white space characters with normal spaces in the displayed document. Exceptions are the tab, form-feed, non-breakable space and zero-width space characters. Additionally, an experiment has been added to preserve all white space characters as-is in the displayed document. Set the enable-experiment/render-all-whitespace configuration value to true to enable the experiment. Note that this may also cause line breaks used to format the XML source to show up if these are placed in elements with mixed content types. When processing XML documents outside FontoXML, avoid using white space characters, including new-lines, for formatting XML source inside mixed-content elements.
- The editor is a lot smarter about taking back focus after interacting with the rest of the UI. If this causes problems in a specific application, set the enable-experiment/protect-editor-focus configuration value to false to temporarily revert to the old behavior, and please report the issue so we can fix it in a future release.
- The document browser, the operation that includes an existing document, and the operation that inserts or a new document based on a template have been assigned more suitable icons.
- The search field of the find and replace feature now explicitly states that there are 0 results for a search term that doesn’t occur in the document.
- When using find and replace, the current search result will now animate briefly to highlight its location in the document.
- Pressing F3 or shift+F3 to move to the next or previous search result now consistently places the cursor back in the find input field.
- On wide screens, documents will show larger margins to better use the available space.
- The modal that informs the author how long the documents couldn’t be saved no longer impacts performance after it is closed.
- Updates to indices are now more efficient when nodes are removed, improving performance for applications that use many indices.
- The accept-all-changes-and-stop-tracking-changes operation now has a description.
- The configuration for new applications created using the SDK portal has been updated to enable the current set of recommended experimental features.
Was this page helpful?