How-to guides are tutorials and informational pieces of content to help with the most common tasks you'll have while developing with the FontoXML Editor SDK.
The tutorials available will grow with time, but if you feel we are missing a crucial tutorial feel free to reach out to us via your contact at FontoXML, or report an issue through our support channel.
- Configure a custom table — This guide describes how to configure a custom table definition. A custom table definition should be used when the table to be configured does not conform to any of the four table standards supported by Fontoxml out-of-the-box.
- Create a metadata sidebar — This recipe covers a very basic metadata form for use in a sidebar. It's mostly meant to serve as an example for an editing roundtrip between an opened XML document and a custom form within a sidebar.
- Create an image detail modal — This recipe covers a modal which can show an image and additional data. It's mostly meant to serve as an example for displaying an image in a modal while maintaining its aspect ratio.
- Configure hierarchical multi-document management — This guide describes how Fonto can work with multiple documents at once.
- Create a custom mutation — This is a guide on creating and using CustomMutations. These are used to manipulate the XML and should only be used if none of the existing operations can be used.
- Configure namespaces — This is a guide on how FontoXML APIs can be used to accommodate for the use of namespaces, both in XML and in XPath and XQuery.
- Configure reference pipeline — This guide describes how references, such as images and hyperlinks, can be configured in both behavior and visualization.
- Localize the interface — This guide describes how to use the localization framework to localize text found throughout the UI of FontoXML.
- Integrate with a CMS — FontoXML requires an external content repository to provide permanent storage of documents. This chapter describes the steps to take to integrate FontoXML in your environment. There are three different ways of integrating FontoXML with a Content Management System or Cloud storage. Each of these approaches enable the integration of FontoXML for different environments and systems.
- Configure drag & drop in the structure view — The 7.4.0 release of FontoXML introduces experimental drag and drop support in the structure view (also known as "Outline"). To enable this experiment, ensure that the enable-experiment/drag-and-drop-in-structure-view-sidebar @ fontoxml-structure-view/src/setdefaultconfiguration.js configuration value is set to true.
- Using scope variables — It is possible to read scope object parameters and use a custom object parameter throughout FontoXML. This can then be used in whatever way you see fit.
- Configuring a SheetFrameHeader — The sheet frame header is especially intended to use in multi-document editors.
- Configure pasting external images into Fonto — This optional feature enables users to copy an image from outside of Fonto (e.g. Word, a browser or image viewing/editing software) and then upload and insert that image into a document by pasting it in Fonto.
- Create a numbering for nodes — For code samples on how to create the numbering see addreducer @ fontoxml-indices/src/addreducer.js.